Close up Africa Safaris was founded in 2006 by Marius Bekker and Caroline Olbrisch. The company specializes in highly exclusive safaris.
We do not cater for mass tourism, nor travel on set, worn out routes, but believe in tailor-made safaris for small groups.
Whether you choose a lodge-style safari or a combination of exclusive camping and lodging under African stars in remote wilderness areas – we guarantee you an unforgettable adventure!
Close up Safaris specialises in:
- Small individual groups
- Family holidays where children are welcome
- Creating an awareness of the African wilderness and its culture
- Safaris that cater for all culinary needs (whether it be on the lodges, safaris, camps or for vegetarians, vegans, the normal consumer or red wine connoisseurs)
- With our guides you will be able to visit areas that are not accessible to self-drivers or which are prohibited to visitors not accompanied by a guide
- Safaris with tour guides have a number of advantages:
Us / Crew
Marius Bekker is a Namibian who has been working in the safari industry for 19 years. He worked as a tour guide and ranger in Namibia and South Africa, has extensively traveled through the whole of the southern continent and only feels truly at home in the bush. Marius manages the tours and safaris, is the senior guide and a partner of the company.
Caroline Olbrisch has been living in Namibia and South Africa on and off for 20 years. She originally comes from Germany, where she worked in the film industry. During her numerous trips to Africa, she has made a number of documentaries about the continent. Today she manages the company, organises and plans your tour and ensures that your safari will be an unforgettable experience. She is the director/manager of Close-up Africa Safaris.